Seminar on prevention of fire in Hospitals

Erode,
A seminar was held on behalf of the Fire Department on the prevention of fire in private and government hospitals in the Erode district at Erode on Thursday.


It was chaired by District Fire Officer Pulukandi and Assistant Fire Officer Venkatachalam and attended by more than 50 hospital heads, staff from government and private hospitals.


At the meeting, Pulukandi said: “The most dangerous accident in hospitals is fire accidents so that they should keep automatic fire extinguishers and the staff be trained to handle them.

Fire mishaps caused by electrical leak and oil spills from gensets should be handled by extinguers only and if water is used the mishap would worsen.

Therefore the fire extinguishers must be used properly with periodic maintenance, he said.

The meeting was attended by Erode Fire Station Officer Mayilraj, fire officers and many staff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *