Suresh (36) hails from Irumbulikurichi village in the Ariyalur district. He stays at his father-in-law’s house in Chuttamalli village and leases land to farm.
Suresh, who had been drinking since it was Tamil New Year’s Eve yesterday, had bought half a bottle of liquor at the government Tasmac store in Chuttamalli village and kept half of it. Shortly afterwards he looked at the bottle to drink the rest of the wine and was shocked to find a small snake lying dead in it.
When asked about this to the Tasmac store staff, they did not respond properly. Suresh was rushed to a nearby government primary health centre for treatment. Having given first aid there, he was then taken to Jayankondam government hospital for further treatment.
The video of this incident is now going viral on social media causing great shock among the people who drink.