info@afternoonnews.in +91 98940 - 95096

Today Date : Saturday, December 10, 2022

OEF releases CD to  commemorate Erode Day

OEF releases CD to commemorate Erode Day

Exactly 151 years ago, during the British rule, Erode started as Erode Nagar Paripalana Sabha in Coimbatore district on  16.09.1871 and later blossomed into Erode Municipality. In 1979, when Erode region became Periyar district, it became the capital of the district. Later, the name was changed to Erode district. After 137 years, Erode was upgraded to a Municipal Corporation in 2008. 

So, 16.09.2022 was the 151st year of Erode. In light of this, Olirum Erode Foundation (OEF) has produced a video on the history of Erode. This video was released in the presence of District Collector H.Krishnanunni. Mayor S Nagarathanam, Deputy Mayor Mr.V Selvaraj, Municipal Commissioner K Sivakumar, OEF president  M Chinnaswamy, Secretary S Ganesan, Joint Secretary MC Robin, Public Relations Officer RG Sundaram were present.